Jessica Cooper, M.A, B.S., L.M.B.T
- M.A. Master's of Arts in Clinical Psychology, Specializing in prenatal and perinatal psychology
Santa Barbara Graduate Institute
- B.S. Bachelor's of Science in Human Development and Family Studies, Specializing in child and adolescent development
University of North Carolina Greensboro
- L.M.B.T. Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist
The Body Therapy Institute
State license number 6879
International Studies and Research
- The University of Ballarat, Victoria Australia: Australian and aboriginal family and cultural studies, a cross cultural approach to understanding the United States family in history. Independent studies.
- The University of NC Greensboro: Understanding preschooler's behavior in three cultures: Estonia, Brazil and the United States. Research assistant.
- The University of NC Greensboro: Haitian-American teenager's perspective on life between two cultures. Research assistant.
- The University of NC Wilmington: Emotion regulation in 2 and 3 year olds. Research assistant.
- The University of Miami Medical School, The Touch Research Institute: Massage for premature babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit ; and, Massage for prenatal depression. Student of design and application of touch based research.
- The Santa Barbara Graduate Institute: Birth doulas: Limitations of practice and the inclusion of the prenatal and perinatal psychology perspective to enhance bonding and attachment. Independent studies.
- DONA International: Birth doula training
- Thai Bodywork certification program. Deon Thai Method visit the photo gallery here http://www.deonthaiyoga.com/ to learn more about a Thai Massage experience
- Childbirth education training: The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth
- Nurturing the mother: Prenatal, perinatal, postpartum and infant massage. Claire Marie Miller Seminars
- Fertility massage intensive. Claire Marie Miller Seminars
- Touch Research: Premature infants; and, Prenatal massage. The Touch Research Institute.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy Level I. Upledger Institute
- On- going ethics courses
Professional Association Membership
- The Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Health and Psychology
- North Carolina Association for Infant Mental Health
- DONA International
- Cape Fear Area Doulas
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals